If you love romance and you love audiobooks, then this is your lucky day.
This is your chance to win a FREE audiobook right here: The Beachcombers
Here’s the blurb:
Ex-special ops legend Dane Blaise never wanted a partner, but he owed the governor. Working alongside gorgeous Scotland Yard detective Shana George to find a missing heiress would either drive him crazy–or get someone killed….
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and let me know in the comments which Book Trailer you like best. I’ll choose a random winner for a free download of the Audiobook!
Check out the Trailer for THE BEACHCOMBERS:
I feel you. I really do. When I finish reading a good book and I’m full of enthusiasm and the need to share, I want to do the right thing. I want to write a smashing review. But when I start to write it, something happens.
I realize that writing a review is work. And I don’t have time or I’m worried it won’t be good or maybe I don’t even know where to post it. I fumble around looking at other people’s reviews and they’re all so different.
You may even ask, “What good is a review anyway?”
Let me tell you. Book reviews are very helpful to readers who want to get a sense whether this is their kind of book. Of course, reviews are very helpful to authors because they provide social proof that the authors are established, with a reader base and enough skills to please some readers.
Now you ask, “Where do I even begin?”
Maybe you’re a prolific reviewer and you have no problem at all, but I would call you the exception to the rule. For the rest of us who stumble, or don’t seem to have the time or wherewithal for writing that review stuck in our head, here’s an answer for you!
Simple Guide to Writing Book Reviews with 5 Easy Guidelines:
- You do NOT need to summarize the story. In fact, I would suggest that this should be avoided so that you won’t inadvertently divulge any spoilers for potential readers.
- You can start with what struck you most about the story–was it a character you loved? The setting? The premise that drew you? The first line that got you hooked? Just say so! I started my last review with the line “I loved the character Lily!”.
- Include your overall impression about the book. Was it exciting? A nail biter? A page-turner? Fun? A romp? Very emotional? Humorous? Tense? Or a combination of a few of these kinds of words will work. For example, “This book was a tense page-turner of a mystery!”
- Include what emotional response the book elicited from you. Did it make you laugh? Make you cry? Make your heart warm? Scare you? Thrill you? Turn you on? Most books we enjoy because they get us involved emotionally. A recent review I wrote said, “I rooted for Joe and Emma to get together, I wanted to see them happy and I truly felt they belonged together.” This described the emotional impact the book had on me. Or maybe you’d say, “The sexual tension between Joe and Emma was sizzling hot! I needed a shower!” You get the picture.
- Make a Recommendation. Say something like, “If you love romantic suspense, you’ll love this book!” or “If you love bad boy heroes, this is the story for you!” or “If you love snarky heroines then you should read this cozy mystery!”.
My Bonus Hint: Keeping It Short & Simple is Fine!
Where to post a book review?
SQ’s Challenge for you:
Go forth and post a book review for the last book you enjoyed at any one of these places and post the link below for a chance to WIN a PRIZE! Hurry! The deadline is April 30th! (Must be NEW Review to qualify, posted on or after April 10th. Book purchase may be required.)
A Sees Candy Gift for ONE LUCKY sweet reviewer!
I can’t wait to see your reviews!
Curl Up with a Book
FACEBOOK SCAVENGER HUNT
Curl up in a comfy chair, grab your favorite beverage, and prepare to play our scavenger hunt. You could be the lucky winner of our $90 gourmet gift basket grand prize or win an Amazon gift card! With 26 authors participating—many hosting individual giveaways of their own—we’ve got plenty of fun surprises and treats. It’s super easy and fun to play. Click the link and join the hunt!
Authors Participating in the Hunt
Alex Gordon • Allison Temple • Amanda Uhl • Anne McClane • Ashley Farley • Aubrey Wynne • Cailin Briste • Crystal Walton • Holly Cortelyou • Jacqueline Diamond • Jacquie Biggar • Karen Michelle Nutt • Kerry Blaisdell • Kristine Smith • L. R. W. Lee • Maria Geraci • Maureen Bonatch • Morgan K Wyatt • Nikki Lynn Barrett • Nina Crespo • PG Forte • S.A. Larsen • Stephanie Queen • Taylor Marsh • Zoe Forward • Aileen Harkwood
I’ve got lots of news for you about LOVE UNDER FIRE including an invitation to join us on Facebook for the next 21 days!! Plus new giveaways and book deals.
Coming in November, LOVE UNDER FIRE is now available for preorder on KOBO, NOOK, APPLE. We’ll have it for you on Amazon soon, too!
Join us in June for author meet & greets–June 1-21
Come to meet each of us as the 21 authors with books in the box set celebrate the preorder and cover reveal–starting today, June 1st and ending June 22nd.
It’s my turn on Saturday June 16th. Join me to for a teaser or two about my romantic suspense series–BEACHCOMBER INVESTIGATIONS–with a spinoff novella about a colorful character named Acer in this box set. A new author every day and giveaways, of course, including a nice basket from all of us to be awarded to a lucky winner on JUNE 22nd. Woohoo!
To find our reader group on Facebook, just CLICK HERE
Proceeds from this box set to be released on Veterans Day go to a wonderful organization: PETS FOR VETS! A good deal and a good deed for 99c.
Here’s the blurb for LOVE UNDER FIRE:
When Love Sparks Danger, Get Ready for an Explosion!
Twenty-one Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and bestselling authors bring you a heart-pounding collection of stories all in one amazing romantic suspense boxed set.
From around the edges of every day existence lurks betrayal, greed, and death.
With every turn of the page, feel the heat of adrenaline as fear lights up the night. Fight alongside the tenacious heroes and heroines as they battle for survival. They’ll put everything on the line to thwart the evil coming after them.
They want to trust in the power of love. But is it enough?
Order the box set on Apple:
Order on Nook, Kobo, & other sites:
Order your copy now!
Happy October everyone! Are you ready to get spooky and all together ooky? It’s that time of year again where we can get frightful and delightful without feeling a tiny bit of remorse. So come with me, won’t you? Join me, and so many other amazing authors in this years…